:::: MENU ::::

Temporary Work Visas

Level 2 Temprary work visasTemporary work visas allow you to remain in Australia for a short period of time for work or related purposes.

Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) Visa Subclass 400

This visa is for applicants seeking to enter Australia to do short term specialised work, participate in an event or events on a non-ongoing basis at the invitation of an Australian organisation or in limited circumstances or participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests. You may only stay for up to a maximum of three months on this visa. You need to be able to show that the work you want to do or your participation in the event is short term and non-ongoing, that you need to be in Australia to do the work or participate in the activity and that you have personal attributes or an employment background relevant to the work or activity. You must have sufficient funds to pay for your travel expenses, tuition and living expenses. This is a temporary visa.

Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa Subclass 457

This visa is for skilled workers who wish to live and work in Australia for up to four years and are sponsored by an approved business or employer. A business can sponsor you for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work. The work you are undertaking must be on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List and you must have competent English skills in order to qualify. This is a temporary visa.

Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485

This visa is for applicants who are recent graduates from an Australian Institution to remain in Australia to work for between 18 months and four years in the field or area that they recently graduated from. You must be less than 50 years of age, hold an eligible visa and be competent at English. Your skills and qualifications must relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List in order to qualify. This is a temporary visa.

Even if you do not meet the criteria you may be eligible for a different visa or may be able to demonstrate circumstances that will grant you an exemption from certain requirements. To determine your eligibility for a temporary work visa take our free online assessment.