:::: MENU ::::

Professional or Training Visas

Level 2 Professional or traning visasTraining and Research Visa Subclass 402

This visa is for applicants wishing to travel to Australia for the purposes of workplace-based skills training, professional development and training arranged by an employer outside of Australia or for academics seeking to undertake research in an Australian institution. You must be able to show that you are an occupational trainee, a professional, manager or government official or a professional academic in order to be eligible. An appropriate sponsorship must be made with an application for this visa. This is a temporary visa.

Vocational Education and Training Visa Subclass 572

This visa allows for an applicant who is studying a full-time vocational education and training course to travel and stay in Australia. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your course. It permits multiple entries to Australia. Dependent family members who come with you to Australia are usually able to stay the same length of time as you, but they cannot stay once you have left the country. You must have sufficient funds to pay for your travel expenses, tuition and living expenses. This is a temporary visa.

Even if you do not meet the criteria you may be eligible for a different visa or may be able to demonstrate circumstances that will grant you an exemption from certain requirements. To determine your eligibility for a professional or training visa take our free online assessment.